We're always told how important it can be to train our dogs, but what exactly is dog training and why is it very important anyway?
The following list explains why it's absolutely vital that we provide proper socialization and training to our canine friends.
Please read these 5 undeniable logic behind why we owe it to our dogs to train them:
1. Dog training helps to build and strengthen a wholesome and productive relationship together with your dog.
- Canine training opens up the lines of communication between you and your dog. A real form of two way communication is made through positive non violent training your dog. You and your dog will become familiar with to interact with each other in a mutually respectful manner, based on co-operation and understanding.
- A highly socialized and trained dog can become a fantastic life-long companion, work mate and friend. An untrained dog can quickly become a burden plus an endless source of frustration. Rather than having a lopsided relationship your location continually yelling at or reprimanding your untrained dog, have you thought to set your dog up to succeed by providing some leadership and clear guidelines for him/her to follow?
- A trained dog is really a well respected and trusted an affiliate society who is welcomed almost anywhere. This has to be a positive thing to your relationship doesn't it? siehe hier
2. Training prevents many common "dog problems" from ever arising.
- A complete range of common dog behavior problems might be prevented through some puppy obedience training. Dogs are creatures of habit so why not use this to your advantage by helping your canine to develop good behavior habits from a young age? If you are proactive as well as set up some simple guidelines and routines to your puppy to follow you will never have to deal with destructive behaviors such as digging, chewing, excessive barking as well as separation anxiety.
- Whenever a so called behavior problem does arise you and your trained dog is going to be well equipped to exercise it. You will be able to clearly communicate to your dog the behavior is unacceptable. You may even choose to get your dog to do an alternate behavior in place of the existing problem. Among this would be if your dog was up surfing your countertops for food scraps you may get him/her to "go to your spot" instead.
- Most "bad dogs" or dogs with behavior problems eventuate as the dog has never been taught much better. A dog does not chew your expensive shoes to obtain back at you or because he/she is evil. They do it simply because you left the shoe already there with a bored and stressed dog. Most probably if you provided a tasty chew toy and did some chew toy training in that case your dog would be delighted to chew on the toy only.
- A professional dog is also a pleasure to adopt for a walk (no pulling!) and trips for your Vet or Dog Groomer will never be a problem.
3. Teaching your dog is a necessary precaution safeguard for you, your dog and exactly what comes into contact with your puppy.
- Having your dog under voice control in almost any situation is a very reassuring position to be - it may even useful dog's life some day. If your dog is getting ready to bolt out onto an active road or pick up something dangerous it is always good to be able to immediately intervene and alter their behavior with the obedience training command including "no", "come" or "leave it".
- A properly socialized and trained dog can be a much safer proposition around other dogs and animals. Canine training plays a crucial role in educating your canine how to act appropriately around yourself, your kids and visitors to your own home.
4. A trained dog is confident, secure and comfy with his/her place in all your family members.
- A well trained dog appreciates the guidance, structure and boundaries you provide through training. It is better than having a nervous, anxious and confused dog who is continually being yelled at for things he/she doesn't even understand. Training relieves high of the frustration and stress that exists between your dog.
- Training arranges proper household etiquette for the dog to follow. It addresses such issues as bolting your front door, chewing, jumping on guests and excessive barking.
- Canine training provides a brilliant release or outlet for the dog's pent up energy. This energy has to come out in one way or any other so why not channel it into something productive like dog obedience training?
5. A trained dog's life has a far different way to that of an untrained dog.
- Most dogs that result in animal shelters arrive there given that they have at least one behavior problem - several problems can be easily controlled through some elementary obedience training. Untrained dogs often turn into a pest and are pushed further and further away from the family. This of course only compounds the current problems. Behaviors like jumping up, mouthing and cheeky barking that you just considered to be cute inside your young puppy suddenly turn into a real problem as the dog grows up.
- Whenever we bring a new dog into us we are bringing a different species into a world which is completely foreign for them - our human world. We owe it to the dogs to help them match our way of life by clearly showing them what's expected of them and what's acceptable behavior - this is what dog training provides.